Accredited TEFL Courses
Getting certified to Teach English abroad can be a little confusing, so I want to make it easy for you to get properly qualified in preparation to start your journey teaching abroad. I have compiled a list below of several TEFL courses that are recognized internationally and are accredited.
A few quick points before you go ahead and choose your TEFL course
- CELTA is a brand of TEFL course and is recognized internationally. It is also required for most teaching jobs in Europe (a generic TEFL course will not be recognized).
- I would suggest taking at least a 120 hour TEFL course to get the most out of your training.
- The course should include at least 6 hours of practical teaching experience
- The course should be taught by an instructor with a Masters Level teaching degree in English Language teaching (MA TESOL) or a DELTA (equivalent of an MA TESOL through Cambridge)
- The course has been accredited by a proper external accreditation body such as TQUK, Accet, IATQUO.
For more detailed information on choosing your TEFL course, you can read my post Get TEFL/TESOL Certified.
The TEFL courses listed below are affiliate links. For more information about this please go to my Disclosure Policy. I am recommending these courses because they provide you with different options and job opportunities. They are also accredited by the proper accreditation bodies. Click on the links below to receive discounts on your TEFL course and choose the course that is right for you!
SEE TEFL is an in classroom TEFL course located in CHaing Mai – Thailand. If you want to teach English in Thailand and don’t have a TEFL Certification this is a great course to get your started.
- It is a standard 4-week course to earn a 120-hr TEFL certification.
- Graduates from the school can be placed in teaching positions all across Thailand
- The course is accredited by TQUK and licensed by the Thai Ministry of Education.
Click on the image below to find out more!
- TEFL PROS offers a 2-day completely free introductory course!
- Learn: with highly qualified TEFL trainers
- Practice: Use what you’ve learned to create a real lesson plan.
- Interact: Get exclusive access to our support group of trainers and trainees
- Extras: Get access to new resources for you to use in the classroom
Premier TEFL offers a variety of accredited TEFL certification courses from 120, 150, 180 and 240 hours. They also have paid internships in Asia, Europe and South America (great for teachers withouta Bachelors degree or looking to gain more in-classteaching experience while traveling!
Click on the image to find out more! —>
MY TEFL offers both online and onsite courses that are flexible to your schedule and needs.
Online courses: work from anywhere, make your own schedule and hours, job placement flexibility, already traveling, have stable internet access.
On-Site: can commit to a full-time study program, prefer a traditional learning environment, want to train overseas in the country you will be working in, like to work with other students, don’t have stable internet access.
For more information click on the image below!
TEFL Institute of Ireland
The TEFL Institute of Ireland offers accredited online TEFL courses from 120, 150, 180 and a 240 Master TEFL course. Accredited by TQUK (an officaial accreditation body), they offer afforable online TEFL courses and specialty courses to advance your teaching skills. If you want to get trained in specialty subjects like IELTS, TOEFL, Business and Young learners the TEFL Institue of Ireland offers online courses for that as well!
For a variety of online learning options click the icon for more infomation!