Teach English Online With Magic Ears
I’ve just partnered with a great new company that offers another opportunity to teach English. Plus it’s from the comfort of your own home! Whether you want to work from home, travel and work, or make extra money on the side. You can teach English online and do just that!
Why teach English online?
You can Teach English online if you’re an experienced or new English teacher for a variety of reasons.
- It can supplement your income if you’re working in a country that you love but maybe doesn’t pay as much (like South America, or Europe)
- If you’re a stay at home mom and want to make some extra cash you can choose your hours, make your own schedule and bring in some extra cash!
- If you’re new to teaching ESL you can gain experience by teaching online, while you’re finishing your TEFL certificate or getting ready to head abroad.
- You can work online FULL-TIME and travel….live the life of a digital nomad! It is possible, especially if you’re professional and good at your job!
- It can just be a way to earn extra cash on the side (#side hustle!) to save for travel or for your future!
There are so many reasons to teach English online. What is yours? You get to make your own schedule and choose how much or how little you want to work!
Benefits of working with Magic Ears
I have been very impressed with Magic Ears and think that they provide a very professional platform for teachers. They provide a very competitive salary (you can earn up to $26 per class!) and opportunity for growth within the company. They reward and promote professionalism in their teachers!
I don’t know about you but these are two very important qualities I look for in any job position I am applying for professionalism and opportunity for growth!
The bottom line is if you’re a good teacher and work hard at your job you will be rewarded with promotions, bonuses, and time slots!
Requirements to teach with Magic Ears
To be eligible to work for magic ears you will need to:
- Be a native speaker from Canada or America
- Submit a 1-2 minute introduction video highlighting your teaching personality (This is important!!)
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (in any subject), or have a TEFL degree with ample teaching experience and online or in-class teaching experience.
Side note: Let’s be honest, if you have a TEFL certificate or a Bachelor’s degree (one of the two) and have an outgoing and professional teaching persona. You can put together a great Introduction video that could help get you the job!
Check out this great website Teach ESL Online Anywhere for tips on How to Make the Best Online ESL Introduction Video. This website a great resource for online English teachers!
Let’s not forget about the logistical side of things!
- You’ll need a Windows 7 or Mac OSX 10.11 or later (Chromebooks are not compatible with the company platform)
- CPU at least i3, RAM at least 2G, 1mbps is fine, with a strong and stable internet connection.
- The company highly recommends an Ethernet cord as a stable connection will have a positive impact on evaluation (this is important to your teaching!)
A quick note about hours! You are required to open up at least 10-slots (1-slot is 25 minutes) per week. This is just opening slots not teaching classes. So you basically need to be available for 5 hours every week! Totally do-able!
Hours available include:
The interview process takes 20 minutes in total; an 8-minute interview, an 8-minute demo class, and 4-minute Q&A.
The Self-recorded demo is basically a simulated class where you pretend to teach a student using your planned lesson.
What makes a good demo: You want to make sure to follow the requirements of the company which means you want to do the following in your demo class:
- Be positive, passionate and engaging
- Interact with the student
- Correct student mistakes
- Give students enough time to speak (not too much teacher talk)
- Provide positive reinforcement
- Accomplish your lesson objectives in the class (show how these objectives have been accomplished!)
For more information on structuring a lesson check out my blog post: How to Make a Killer ESL Lesson Plan
To get your application process started APPLY HERE
This is an affiliate link for more information please go to my Disclosure Policy.
For more information about teaching for magic ears feel free to contact me!
Share it or save it for later!
Why do you want to teach English online? Comment Below!